List of the site's news added April 6, 2010
- There is no 5x5 magic square of cubes
with S3 < 20,000,000
- Lee Morgenstern's method
for finding 3x3 nearly-magic squares of squares used by Frank Rubin
in 2009, now revealed!
- Randall Rathbun worked on the enigma #1, but unfortunately... no new
example of 3x3 magic square having 7 squared entries
- A. Donald Keedwell kindly sent me his photo,
now added at the beginning of the table on additive-multiplicative
magic squares. This photo can be zoomed, by clicking on it.
- About Walter W. Horner, the first author in 1952 of additive-multiplicative
magic squares: his more recent paper that I have been able to found was published
in 1973, in The Fibonacci Quarterly. Any biographical information on this
American teacher of mathematics of Pittsburgh will be welcome.
- The interesting paper of Michael P. Cohen on 5x5
bimagic squares, of which the draft was already mentioned, has been published in the Journal of Recreational Mathematics.
Return to the home page http://www.multimagie.com