List of the site's news added October 4th, 2005
- New page on multiplicative magic squares,
answering to a question asked by Ed Pegg Jr., USA.
Discovery of the smallest possible
5x5 multiplicative magic square: magic product 302400.
- Numbers of bimagic series of order 13, 14, 15 and 16
computed separately by Lorenz Schlangen (13-15) and Walter Trump (13-16), Germany,
very close to the approximated values
previously computed by Walter Trump.
- After the Fredrik Jansson's square, another bimagic
square of order 11, by Chen Mutian, China
- Nearly bimagic square of order
14, by Jacques Guéron, France. Next step: completely
bimagic square of order 14?
- Photos of Chen Mutian and Chen Qinwu, China,
and new downloadable Word file explaining the story of their trimagic square
of order 16
- Thanks to the numerous people all around the world who sent me
messages after the article on magic squares
of squares published in The Mathematical Intelligencer...
...but the bottle of champagne
in my cellar (and the 100€
always in my wallet): who will solve the Open problem 2?
linked to the M.I. article:
On the COVER of the 7th edition of the book Mathematics for
Elementary Teachers, very nice illustration
using our perfect magic
cube of order 5 constructed in 2003. Thanks to the authors Gary L. Musser and Blake E. Anderson,
USA, for this great honour!
- Four new sites added in the links:
- web site of Chen Qinwu, China
- web site of Ed Pegg Jr., USA
- web site of Francis Gaspalou, France
- web site of Mitsutoshi Nakamura, Japan
Return to the home page http://www.multimagie.com